If you’re looking for a delicious and super summery seasonal dessert, this is definitely it. It’s easy, and Weight Watchers approved, since it came from them in the first place.
(Adapted from Weight Watchers)
Serves: 8 (1/2 c servings)
Time: 60 minutes total, 45 minutes cooking
6 medium peaches, halved, pitted, and thinly sliced (about 1 3/4 pounds)
3 Tb powdered sugar
1 c raspberries
3/4 c flour
3 1/2 Tb granulated sugar, divided
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tb regular butter, cold
1/3 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Places peaches in a medium bowl, toss with powdered sugar until sugar dissolves. In an 8-inch square baking pan arrange peach slices in several layers. Sprinkle raspberries over top.
3. In a large bowl combine flour, 3 Tb granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut butter into flour mixture and work with a fork or pastry cutter until flour resembles course crumbs. (Mine appeared more like tiny crumbles, which was just fine.) Add sour cream and vanilla. Mix with fork until dough comes together.
4. Place clumps of crumb mixture over fruit. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 Tb sugar.
5. Bake until top is golden brown and fruit begins to bubble, about 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Weight Watchers Points = 5